Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oprah's Mission. Sad, But True

This is huge! Please read, beware and let's all pray.

My husband has been telling me for years that I needed to not watch Oprah. All the things she gives away, the organizations she has started and all the informative shows on so many topics that I have enjoyed throughout the years seems great and on the surface is just fine and good. It's her enormous following and influence that is scary. Oprah has mentioned her belief in God over the years, but I knew that she was not Christian. I thought no further then that about her religious view. What does it really matter? As long as she does not push unbiblical beliefs on her show what's the harm?

Well it's happening. More than just harm is being done. Please watch the video below. I had always hoped that Oprah's search for the truth would lead her to Christ and that she would then use her influence for God's glory. Unfortunately, the truth is not what she has been searching for and she is now pushing her New Age beliefs to masses across the world, leading hundreds of thousands to eternal damnation.

Needless to say I will no longer be watching Oprah. Of course my heart is saddened for her. She is amongst all of the people in the world I pray for who have not excepted Jesus, as Lord who through grace and mercy died on the cross for all mankind. All that believe in him will have eternal life. There is only one way and that way is through Christ and Christ alone. He has given us His life, His word and the freedom for us to make the choice to take up the cross and follow him or to live a life that is of the world. Let us all pray for those out there who have and will continue to be influenced by man centered, false teachings that will lead nowhere, but away from where God wants us all to be, with him for eternity. As undeserving as we are to be able to live with God, the creator of all things He has made this possible, through His son Jesus Christ.

For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". - John 14:6

Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
- Matt. 7:13

but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. - Rom. 2:8

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. - Matt. 7:22


Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. -Deuteronomy 6:4-7

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the most important of all?" Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
- Mark 12:28-29

1 comment:

Oceanchild said...

I wish more people would stop watching Oprah. I think she has a little too much influence and some people have stopped thinking for themselves and only rely on her.