Monday, May 28, 2007

Our First Camping Trip in UT


We had such a great time camping this weekend! We did not bring our camera, but I found this picture online. This is just part of the lake that we camped near. The lake is actually 17 miles long. Of course it's surrounded by mountains and is just gorgeous! We slept in our friend's pop up camper which, besides being a little cold at night, was just great. We slept just as well in it as we have in hotel rooms. We did have restrooms nearby and the hospitality of the people at the campsite was better than most hotels we've stayed at. We rented a pontoon boat, so we got a chance to fish out on the lake. Scott and I each caught one fish, so that was cool. It got pretty cold and windy on the lake at times, but it was bright and sunny. No mosquitoes, no alligators and no crowds of people. You just gotta love UT!! We definitely want to go back. Maybe this summer. There is just so much to see here in UT. This land is just gorgeous! Have I mentioned how blessed I feel to be living here? Scott and I truly are. We miss you all back in Florida, but know that we are the happiest we have ever been. Wish we could share all this with you. We are planning on going to Fort Collins, CO in July and possibly CA too. I'll keep you posted. :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah...sounds wonderful! Wish we could have gone with you. We're planning an anniversary backpacking trip mid July and I'm just iching to get into my mountains! Can't wait to have you here over the fourth weekend. We love you guys SO much!
Always, Sarah

Jason Epps said...

Did you hear about the kid that got dragged out of the tent by a black bear in American fork this past weekend? I think it was at as place very similar to the one we went to at Soldier Creek.

J

Anne Marie Criswell said...

Yes I heard. That's scary. Next time we camp I will probably be a little freaked out. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting :)