Thursday, April 19, 2007

Missing Sydni


Can you tell by this picture how much I love this little girl? This is my niece Sydni Faith Burge. This picture was taken back in December. She's gotten bigger and cuter since. It's been almost 5 months since we've seen our family in Florida, so the loved ones that we left behind when we moved have been on my mind lately. It was so hard leaving everyone, especially this little girl. It's an amazing thing to know someone from the day they were born. I saw her daily when she first arrived and my visits with her were than never more than a week a part. For Scott and I the thought of not being able to see Sydni all the time was heartbreaking. Scott and I almost moved out of state a year before she was born. Though I am sad that she's no longer a 10 min drive away, I am so thankful for the year that we got to spend with her.

As I sit here missing Sydni and all of our family in Florida, I also have joy and comfort knowing that moving to Utah was not a decision that Scott and I made. We both stepped out in faith and trusted God. Life's not about just living. We can all get so caught up in the busyness from day-to-day. We are all here for a reason and if our focus is on just what is here on earth, we have missed what truly matters.

"God mold me and use me and let me shine for you. I long to know you more and to someday be with you, and I also thank you for all my friends and family that you have blessed me with to get me through each day. I especially pray for Sydni and Brody. Keep them safe and fill their days with joy and happiness and give their parents the strength and wisdom to raise them to be all that you wish for them to be."

Sydni Faith Burge

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hi Anne Marie, your niece is so cute. Love the pictures!!