Monday, August 6, 2007

Your Will Be Done

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 2 years since our lives drastically changed. Scott moved to Utah in the month of October and I followed in December, but it was this time 2 years ago that Scott and I finally became completely obedient to God's will for our lives. We had no idea what was in store for us.

Prayer and faith brought us to Salt Lake City. So much for "as far north as Tennessee and as far west as Texas". Scott's job brought us here, but why God planted us in the biggest mission field in the U.S. becomes more and more clear to Scott and I all the time. God's presence is shinning bright in our lives. A day never goes by for me, when I do not think about Christ. From all I have seen, Utah is the most amazing place. A true masterpiece. I still look at the mountains in awe of what He created. A constant reminder of Him for sure. Our desire for a church home has been filled beyond what we could have imagined. We new we needed to be apart of a church and that we needed to be surrounded by a body of believers, but I never new just how much that effects ones life. It's been amazing!

"God, I continue to pray for your will to be done in my life. You know my desires, but I give them to you as just that. Each day I have here is a gift from you and I thank you for everyday you have blessed me with so far. "

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you're getting more and more attached to Utah, that's wonderful! God sure is everywhere, working everywhere, and pursuing the hearts of the lost everywhere. His majesty can be seen all around us and we'd be foolish not to notice and praise Him for it. And I'm sure He has you right where He wants you right now, and it always warms my heart to see those I love fully realize that. Perhaps some day we will get to live in the same city again, but if not, we will always be part of the family of God, siblings linking elbow to elbow for the gospel, and for that, I feel truely blessed!
Love, Sarah