Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm Not Jealous - Honestly

Scott and I have been married now for over 7 years and how great it has been! I just love being married!!! I still miss my babe when I'm at work and his voice is still the most soothing thing to me in the world. As most of you know, Scott and I are at the stage in our life where we are trying for a baby. I am so thrilled to be at this point in my life. Yes, I'm anxious, but I find so much joy in the anticipation of what's to come. I have friends around me that are pregnant and one who is my charting budding that is trying as well. This past week I had two instances where people have given me the impression that they thought that I would be jealous to learn of someone else's pregnancy. It was the strangest thing.

As I was laying in bed the other night I was pondering about this a bit more. So many woman who are trying themselves must have this feeling of jealousy when they hear of others that are pregnant. That's why I have had people assume that I would be. My feelings about that kind of news could not be farther from that.

I think that being blessed with a life inside you is one of the greatest gifts God can give. He is the creator of life and all things. God is the CREATOR! And to think that He has blessed woman with the ability to have children; to have life grow inside them, and to then give birth to that child. That child from conception is a part of you and will always be. That's how He feels about us!!! It just amazes me that I, being a woman, have the ability to experience, on a small scale, what God feels for us. I think the love for your child is the greatest love we can have for another person. I think it's the closet thing on earth to God's love for us. I'm so thankful to be a child of God and even more blessed to be a WOMAN of God. No jealousy here. To hear that another woman will be experiencing that miracle and that love excites me greatly.

Ask anyone I know, I just love babies and I so long for one myself, but I have given my life to Christ and I pray for His will in my life. Oh, how I'd love to experience that miracle of life inside me, but above all I know my desires are so small in comparison to how great God is. I guess that is the difference between me and some woman out there that are just filled with jealousy. Any emptiness I have is filled with Him. Everyday and everything I have here is a blessing and I continue to pray.... God your will be done. :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your attitude Anne Marie! Your patience is so admirable and I know God honors it. But remember, we all have moments of weakness, it is that weakness that allows God to reveal His strength and pull us back up by His strength alone. I'm so glad that jealousy hasn't crept in for you in this area...as of yet, but if it ever does, or if your weakness pops up in another area, don't feel like a failure, feel like a flawed human being, as we all are, ready to recieve God's blessing as you run to Him, head on His lap, as He strokes your hair and fills you up with that wonderful, selfless perspective once again. Know that I am so, wholeheartedly, and selflessly excited to hear your blessed news. I know I will be crying tears of joy when you share your special news with me some day! I will laugh with you when you laugh, and cry with you when you cry! I love you my friend!
Always, Sarah

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, friend, you are so blessed with such a joyful spirit!
I will pray for the desire of your heart, whatever form that takes, for it will come through the eyes and imagination of the Perfect One.

Overwhelmed! said...

I had a similar thing happen with me. Certain people assumed that since I couldn't get pregnant and had to consider adoption that I would be upset/distraught/jealous about other women getting pregnant and having babies.

That couldn't have been further from the truth! I have always been sincerely happy for those women who are able to get pregnant and start a family. I think it's wonderful and I'm GLAD for those who are able to experience the miracle of life growing inside of them!

I pray that you and your husband are blessed with a healthy pregnancy in the very near future!