Most of the children suffer from abuse or neglect. Though young children are placed in homes with parents that hope to adopt those children, Utah Foster Cares' goal is for the biological parents to be able to make the changes necessary to have their child returned to them. They have one year to do this. This is a great organization that is helping kids, but we don't think we could handle caring for a child for a year to then give them up to go back into an abusive situation. The biggest issue we had was in regards to our lifestyle. During that year that you foster most biological parents request that their children do not participate in religious activities. That's just not something we can accommodate for. Our life revolves around God, our church and our church family.
We are now looking into other options. Today our pastor is meeting with a friend that is an attorney that has adopted a couple of children. We are hoping for answers and guidance as we take our next steps.
Thank you all for your love and support.
Anne Marie
Thank you all for your love and support.
Anne Marie
3 comments:
I was going to call you and see how it went. I will be praying for the Lord to guide you to the next step. Please don't be discouraged! The Lord knows how strong your desire is to serve Him as parents. I don't want to disturb you while you are working, so call me when you get a chance. I will be at the dentist this afternoon, but should be home this evening and tomorrow. We love you guys!
Julie
You are right, caring and loving for a child for a year only to have to return them to a bad situation would be too much to handle.
I'm glad you guys are looking at all the options out there. i think it will help you make the most informed choice. There are so many kids out there that deserve a great family like yours.
Oh Anne Marie...I am so sorry this didn't turn out as well has hoped. I'm glad you took the leap of faith and looked into it. There is something to be said about preparing the field for the rain to come. I know God is doing that in your heart and in Scott's, one day at a time. I'll keep you in my prayers as you continue your journey.
Lova ya!!!
Jess
Post a Comment