Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Empty Arms

We have had another unsuccessful attempt to get pregnant. I did not even respond to the drugs. I'm not comfortable, at this time, moving forward to the next step of treatment. The day I found out was tough, I really grieved. I thought by now I would at least have belly pictures on my blog.

Have you heard Christians say that in hard times Christ has given them an indescribable peace and comfort? I've felt this before, and though I had a day of grieving, I am in that place. I can feel the arms of the Lord around me more than ever before. Scott and a friend from church gave me comforting words. "It's OK to grieve, but don't let that grief rob you from the joy that God gives you". I am just amazed how God is working in my life. He has given me everything I need and more!

I've always had a strong desire to be a mom and like most woman had that dream of going through all the joyful steps of conceiving, carrying a baby and child birth. Maybe that is still in store for me, but Scott and I are both at the place where we are ready to become parents. We are praying that God fills our empty arms with a child, that He will open doors and bring us the baby that we so long for through our new journey of adoption. We are so excited! That place of grief is being filled by so much joy and excitement for what is to come!

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

7 comments:

Ki said...

I'm sorry it hasn't happened for you yet. But I am glad that you have such a joy-filled perspective.

There are many awesome things in this life, but I believe that people with that joyfilled perspective are the greatest testament to God.

Sarah said...

I'm so excited to see how God is going to work in all this! Adoption is one of the greatest acts of love I've ever been witness to and it doesn't surprise me at all that God may be calling you to it. We will continue to pray that God creates life in your womb, but that if that's not His plan for you, that He would fill your arms with the child He has for you through adoption soon!
Love, Sarah

Scott Criswell said...

Thank you both so much, we appreciate and covet your prayers.

Sarah,

Thanks for being part of our family! You and Travis are great friends and we thank God for you both! Hope to see you soon.

Grace & Peace in Christ,
Scott

Brian and Jocelyn said...

You guys are one of the coolest couples that we've known. God displays His grace in your lives in so many ways. We will continue to pray that He blesses you with a child soon and if adoption is how that happens, praise Him. We Love you guys and look forward to seeing you soon.

Oceanchild said...

You are so much stronger of a person than I am. I can't believe your perspective. In a time that I'm ready to give up and die because I can't have something I want, you are willing to take what God gives you and be happy. You are really an inspiration.

I'm excited for you guys to adopt! I can't wait to meet your new little person.

Jeremy & Amy Mahmood said...

We are very happy for you guys. However God chooses to put a child into your life you will be truly blessed. You are constently in our prayers as we continue to welcome you into our family.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I ever told you I was adopted. My parents were old enough to be my grandparents. I was with them from birth even though my adoption did not become final until I was about 5 years old. So, I think I can safely say, (from the child's point of view if you will), you are the miracle about to happen in your future baby's life. I couldn't possibly have loved them any more had they been my biological parents. My heartfelt wishes,

Della :hugs: