Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Movin' On

Scott and I will both be starting new jobs on the 15th of October. Scott has been looking for a few months and I was offered a great opportunity by one of my freelance clients.

I will be able to work as little or as many hours I like and I can work whatever hours I want. I'll start in the office, but will switch to working at home as time goes by. The company I'll be working for is called Money Mailer. I'll be doing design work, I'll work with clients and I'll help manage the business where need be. My current job working as a graphic designer for a print broker has been pretty slow at times, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of lots to do.

Scott will now be working for Daz3D.com. It's a 3D modeling company. The company has structure and is secure, which are two great pluses. It's also a shorter drive for Scott and he works an hour less a day. I am so thrilled about his new schedule! Home by 5:30 most days, which means we can eat dinner at a normal hour now.

Scott's job switch has come after lots of thought and much prayer. ThoughtLab is very special to us as it brought us to UT. We both had high hopes for what ThoughtLab could be for Scott career wise, but in the past year ThoughtLab has taken a different direction which has lead for Scott's role to change into one that is less desirable. As we talked about the pros and cons of switching jobs it was hard not to hold onto what ThoughtLab could be. Scott's boss is also a great guy and has been a wonderful boss. He is sincere and genuine and Scott really respects him, so that made the decision to move on quite hard as well. Though Scott and I are both sad for him to leave ThoughtLab we know that God just used this job opportunity as a tool to get us here. His real reasons for bringing us here was to grow us in our faith and for us to focus our lives on Him. What an incredible journey it has been so far. We are uncertain if UT is our permanent home, but I am certain that I will never again be fearful of what tomorrow will hold. My life is forever in His hands and with that I have peace in what tomorrow may hold.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ - Romans 5:1

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, amen, Ann Marie! You and Scott together, with the Lord at your helm, means peace wherever you go, no matter what the waves may be saying. (((hugs)))